29 Guy Carpenter Brokers Named to Risk & Insurance Magazine’s Annual “Reinsurance Power Brokers” List
Record Number of Guy Carpenter Brokers Selected in 2009,
Accounting for More Than Half of All Industry Honorees
An unprecedented 29 members of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC’s global broking team have been selected to Risk & Insurance magazine’s 2009 “Reinsurance Power Brokers” list, the highest number among all reinsurance intermediaries. The annual Power Brokers directory, now in its third year, honors individual reinsurance brokers for creativity in solving clients’ risk management issues, depth of practice or line-of-business expertise, and superior client service.
Among the broking teams honored were GC Securities‘ Capital Markets and Corporate Finance/M&A teams, as well as Guy Carpenter’s Industry Loss Warranty (ILW), i-aXs® and GC Fac® teams. GC Securities is a division of MMC Securities Corp.
Guy Carpenter brokers were selected in each of the five Power Broker categories:
- Analytics — Capital Markets: GC Securities Capital Markets team (Cory Anger, Ryan Clarke, Hong Guo, Chi Hum, Jonathan Hughes, Jonathan Spry)*
- Analytics — Capital Markets: GC Securities Corporate Finance/M&A team (Norman Brown, Geoffrey Sweitzer, Bart Zanelli)*
- Analytics –Capital Markets: i-aXs® team (Amy Block, Lara Mowery, Natalie Neal, Matt Witte)
- Analytics — Capital Markets: ILW team (Barry Law, Stefano Nicolini, David Rothstein)
- Facultative: Eunice Adler, Gary Kriftner, Robert McNamara
- Property: Andrew Bossom, Jonathan Clark, Scott Price, Christopher Royse
- Casualty: Josh Everdell, William K. Plumb
- Professional Liability: William J. Garland, William Hillman, Edward Sweeney, Alexander van Dijk
The total number of Guy Carpenter Power Broker honorees comprises more than half of the 2009 list.
Peter Zaffino, President and CEO, Guy Carpenter, says, “We are extremely gratified to have a record number of Guy Carpenter brokers recognized in this year’s Power Broker list. The depth and breadth of this year’s honorees - from analytics, to capital markets and corporate finance, to facultative reinsurance - is a testament to the extensive expertise and capabilities we have across our global organization. It also speaks to the high level of dedication, commitment, and value our brokers provide to our clients.”
* Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd., which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. Cory Anger, Ryan Clarke, Hong Guo, Chi Hum, Norman Brown, Geoffrey Sweitzer, and Bart Zanelli are registered representative of MMC Securities Corp. Jonathan Spry is registered with the FSA as an approved person of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd.