1. Plentiful Capacity Sets the Stage at June 1 Reinsurance Renewals: More moderate pricing trends were evident at the June 1, 2012 reinsurance renewals as the relatively light catastrophe loss activity during the first five months of the year contributed to positive reinsurer results and plentiful capacity, according to a briefing released today by Guy Carpenter.
2. Risk Profile, Appetite, and Tolerance: Fundamental Concepts in Risk Management and Reinsurance Effectiveness: Prior to the recent turbulence in the financial markets, insurers and reinsurers were increasing their use of enterprise risk management to make risk and capital management decisions. While this was driven in part by rating agencies and regulators, many carriers began to recognize the value of metric-based frameworks and capital models in evaluating their portfolios.
3. Managing Catastrophe Model Uncertainty, Issues and Challenges: Here we bring together the segments of the popular series authored by John Major, which focuses on the issues and challenges in managing catastrophe model uncertainty.
4. Insights in Insurance from Marsh & McLennan: Here we highlight recent insurance thought leadership from Guy Carpenter’s sister companies, Oliver Wyman and Marsh.
5. Alternative Risk Transfer: Here we review GC Capital Ideas’ recent series on alternative risk transfer.
7. Spring Conditions Suggest Tempered Atlantic Hurricane Season: As the 2012 Atlantic Hurricane season kicks off, we present our multi-part review of hurricane forecasts.
8. Top Solvency II Stories in GC Capital Ideas: Here we highlight GC Capital Ideas’ recent top stories covering the evolving Solvency II capital requirements regime.
9. Emerging Markets Trends: Here we review recent GC Capital Ideas stories that have referenced (re)insurers doing business in emerging markets.