Here we rank the most viewed GC Capital Ideas Chart Room entries of the last half year.
1. Chart: Guy Carpenter Global Rate on Line Index, January 2013: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Reinsurance Rate on Line (ROL) index fell marginally at the January 1, 2013, renewal. This is the seventh consecutive annual renewal in which changes to the index have equaled 10 percent or less, indicating a global market with capacity appropriate to meet demand.
2. Chart: Guy Carpenter Regional Rate on Line Index, January 2013: There was variation regionally in the Guy Carpenter Regional Property Catastrophe Reinsurance Rate on Line (ROL) index. U.S. property catastrophe pricing was most affected by the landfall of Superstorm Sandy while other regions were flat to down.
3. Chart: Global Significant Insured Losses, 2011 to Q4 2012: 2012 insured losses in aggregate were “normal.”
4. Chart: U.S. and Bermuda Property-Casualty M&A Activity, 2004 to 2012: For the property and casualty sector, market consolidation was at the periphery.
5. Chart: Long-Term Evolution of Shareholders’ Funds, 1998 to Q3 2012: Dedicated reinsurance capital was at a record high immediately prior to Superstorm Sandy.
* Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a U.S. registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd., which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. The securities mentioned herein have not been, and will not be, registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.