Here we review one of GC Capital Ideas more viewed categories, the Chart Room, with the top 10 most popular stories viewed since March 1st:
1. Chart: 2013 Catastrophe Bond Transactions: This table lists the 144A property/casualty catastrophe bond transactions that were completed in 2013.
2. Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line index is presented for 1990 through 2014. The index fell by 11 percent at January 1, 2014.
3. Chart: Risk Capital Outstanding: Risk capital outstanding for property/casualty catastrophe bonds for the period 1997 to 2013.
4. Chart: Risk Capital Issued by Quarter: Property/casualty catastrophe bonds issuance in the period 1997 to 2013.
5. Chart: Rate Movements by Business Segment: Reports rate movements at January 1, 2014.
6. Chart: Regional Property Catastrophe ROL Index: The chart shows the indexes for United States, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific and Europe.
7. Chart: Chile Holds Spot on Most Expensive Earthquakes for Insurers: In light of the April 1 magnitude 8.2 earthquake in Chile, we highlight a spring 2013 GC Capital Ideas table ranking the most expensive earthquakes for insurers. A seismic event in 2010 put the South American nation on that list.
8. Chart: Significant Insured Losses: Reports insured losses from natural disasters and man-made disasters, 2011 to 2013.
9. Chart: Global Catastrophe Insured Losses: Chart presents individual measures for natural catastrophes versus man-made catastrophes, 1970 to 2013.
10. Chart: Top Ten Catastrophe Bond Transactions: The chart ranks deals in 2013, as compiled by GC Securities*, a division of MMC Securities Corporation.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.