1. January 1, 2015 Renewals See Lower Pricing and Broader Coverage for Clients: Guy Carpenter reports reinsurance pricing fell at the January 1, 2015 renewals in many segments, affecting almost all lines of business and geographies, continuing recent renewal trends.
2. Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2015: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2015.
3. Chart: Regional Property Catastrophe ROL Index, 1990 to 2015: The chart shows the indexes for United States, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific and Europe.
4. Risk Profile, Appetite, and Tolerance: Fundamental Concepts in Risk Management and Reinsurance Effectiveness: Prior to the recent turbulence in the financial markets, insurers and reinsurers were increasing their use of enterprise risk management (ERM) to make risk and capital management decisions. While this was driven in part by rating agencies and regulators, many carriers began to recognize the value of metric-based frameworks and capital models in evaluating their portfolios.
5. Cyber-attacks and Terrorism Revealed as Top Emerging Risks for 2015, According to Annual Guy Carpenter Survey: Cyber-attacks and terrorism are ranked among the top emerging risks concerning the (re)insurance industry in the year ahead, according to a survey released by Guy Carpenter. According to the findings, new products, expansion into new geographic markets and access to new distribution channels will be the primary drivers of profitable growth in 2015.
6. 2014 Catastrophe Bond Activity Ends on Record Note with More Innovative Bonds Expected in 2015, According to GC Securities* Report: GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a U.S. registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC, released a briefing and analysis of the record catastrophe bond activity for 2014 and expectations for the market in 2015.
7. Reinsurance Sector Capital Position: Here we highlight recent GC Capital Ideas Chart Room entries highlighting the capital position of the reinsurance sector.
8. 2014 Insured Losses Hit Lowest Level in Five Years: Guy Carpenter released its annual Global Catastrophe Review, which reports that insured losses in 2014 were at the lowest level seen since 2009. According to the report, significant insured losses in 2014 totaled approximately USD33 billion, a dramatic drop when compared to the historic insured losses seen in 2011, which totaled approximately USD126 billion.
9. Guy Carpenter Launches its Innovative Casualty Catastrophe Model: GC ForCas℠: Guy Carpenter announced the launch of GC ForCas℠, its new data-driven casualty catastrophe model.
10. Chart: Top Ten Catastrophe Bond Transactions for 2014: The table lists the top ten catastrophe bond transactions that were completed in 2014.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.