1. Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2015: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2015.
2. Reinsurance Versus Subordinate Debt: Which Is Best for Solvency Capital?: In recent months a number of market commentators have opined on the merits of proportional reinsurance versus subordinated debt (sub debt), some favoring reinsurance solutions and some favoring sub debt, but generally finding results in line with the products their companies offered. Guy Carpenter feels reinsurance or sub debt alone is unlikely to provide the best solution to meet solvency capital requirements. Instead, a blended approach should be considered.
3. Risk Profile, Appetite, and Tolerance: Fundamental Concepts in Risk Management and Reinsurance Effectiveness: Prior to the recent turbulence in the financial markets, insurers and reinsurers were increasing their use of enterprise risk management (ERM) to make risk and capital management decisions. While this was driven in part by rating agencies and regulators, many carriers began to recognize the value of metric-based frameworks and capital models in evaluating their portfolios.
4. Guy Carpenter Launches New Public Sector Specialty Practice: Guy Carpenter announced the launch of the Public Sector Specialty Practice. This global team is focused exclusively on the unique risk management needs of governmental agencies and entities.
5. Chart: Return On Equity For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, YE 2014: Chart presents return on equity for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2004 through year end 2014.
6. Chart: Source Of Earnings For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, YE 2014: Chart presents source of earnings for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite for the year end, 2014 compared to year end, 2013.
7. January 1, 2015 Renewals See Lower Pricing and Broader Coverage for Clients: Guy Carpenter reports reinsurance pricing fell at the January 1, 2015 renewals in many segments, affecting almost all lines of business and geographies, continuing recent renewal trends.
8. Chart: Regional Property Catastrophe ROL Index, 1990 to 2015: The chart shows the indexes for United States, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific and Europe.
9. Chart: Combined Ratio For Guy Carpenter Composite, YE 2014: Chart presents combined ratio for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2004 through year end 2014.
10. Evolving Role of Reinsurance in Public Sector Risk: Here we review the evolving role of reinsurance in mitigating public sector risk through the expanding deployment of reinsurance and capital market solutions.