From one of GC Capital Ideas’ more popular categories, we highlight the top Chart Room stories viewed during the year of 2015:
1. Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2015: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2015.
2. Q1 Cat Bond Issuance Reaches Historic Volume: Chart presents the 144A P&C catastrophe bond issuance from 1998 through the first quarter of 2015. The first quarter is particularly active in terms of issuance for the P&C cat bond market and this characteristic continued into 2015 as USD1.49 billion of 144A P&C cat bond limit was successfully placed with investors, the highest first quarter volume in history.
3. Return On Equity For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q1 2015: Chart presents return on equity for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2004 through first quarter 2015.
4. Combined Ratio For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q3 2015: Chart presents combined ratio for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2004 through third quarter 2015.
5. Private Cat Bond Market, First Half, 2015: Chart shows the private catastrophe bond market with USD 753.1 million of limit placed in rule 4(2) private placement format via fifteen transactions in the first six months of 2015. The 2015 year-to-date volume exceeded total full-year issuance in 2014 of USD 561.5 million.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.