From one of GC Capital Ideas’ more popular categories, we highlight the top Chart Room stories viewed during the first half of 2016:
1. Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2016: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2016.
2. Alternative Capacity as a Percentage of Catastrophe Reinsurance Limit: The chart below presents alternative capital capacity as a percentage of global property catastrophe reinsurance limit from 2008 to year-end 2015.
3. Combined Ratio For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q1 2016: Chart presents combined ratio for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2005 through first quarter 2016.
4. Catastrophe Bond Issuance and Capital Outstanding - 1998 to YE 2015: The chart below presents catastrophe bond issuance through 2015. Total bond issuance for the year 2015 was the fourth highest historically.
5. Return On Equity For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q1 2016: Chart presents return on equity for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2005 through first quarter 2016.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities LLC, a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities LLC, MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.