From one of GC Capital Ideas’ more popular categories, we highlight the top Chart Room stories viewed during the year of 2016:
1. What is the Biggest Threat to (Re)insurers’ Plans for Growth?: Chart highlights the result of a survey taken of 107 insurance and reinsurance professionals conducted by Guy Carpenter at the 2016 annual meeting of the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America when asked what they see as the biggest threat to their plans for growth.
2. The Matrix of Cyber and Property Lines Insurance Coverage: Chart examines the policy coverage matrix between cyber and property lines of insurance coverage. Below shows how the four types of subject matter (columns A-D) are generally covered by direct policies, relative to the various types of cyber and property perils (rows 1-5). Where cover is predominantly provided by property or cyber, the relevant icon is shown in blue. Where there is a degree of ambiguity, or coverage is limited, the icon is shown in gray.
3. Source Of Earnings For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q3, 2016: Chart presents source of earnings for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite for the third quarter, 2016 compared to the third quarter, 2015.
4. Return On Equity For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q3, 2016: Chart presents return on equity for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2005 through third quarter, 2016.
5. Top Ten Catastrophe Bond Transactions for 2015: The table lists the top ten catastrophe bond transactions that were completed in 2015.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities LLC, a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities LLC, MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product.