1. June 1, 2015 Renewals Show Rate of Price Declines Moderating: Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist and a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE:MMC), reports that after two years of price decreases averaging 15 percent on U.S. property catastrophe placements, risk-adjusted pricing moderated at the most recent June renewals.
2. Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2015: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2015.
3. Guy Carpenter Launches CAT Risk Studio to Enhance Catastrophe Risk Analysis Capabilities: Guy Carpenter launched CAT Risk Studio (CRS), a new division that will support Guy Carpenter’s Model Suitability Analysis (MSA)® initiative and will work closely with GC Securities* on the development of parametric products for catastrophe risk transfer. CRS establishes Guy Carpenter’s presence at the Marsh & McLennan Innovation Centre in Dublin, Ireland.
4. Microinsurance Consortium and Venture Incubator Announces New Name: The Microinsurance Consortium, led by a group of leading companies in the insurance industry, announced a new name for their microinsurance venture incubator (MVI) - Blue Marble Microinsurance. The consortium consists of American International Group, Inc., Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited, Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC together with Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd., Old Mutual plc, Transatlantic Reinsurance Company, XL Catlin, and Zurich Insurance Group.
5. Chart: Significant Insured Losses - 2011 to YE 2014: Reports losses by quarter.
6. Evolving Role of Reinsurance in Public Sector Risk: Here we review the evolving role of reinsurance in mitigating public sector risk through the expanding deployment of reinsurance and capital market solutions.
7. Guy Carpenter Launches the Financial Institutions and Cyber Components of the GC ForCas℠ Casualty Catastrophe Modeling Platform: Guy Carpenter announced the launch of the Financial Institutions and Cyber components of the GC ForCas℠ casualty catastrophe modeling platform. GC ForCas is a stochastic modeling platform developed to help insurance carriers better understand their exposure to casualty catastrophe losses resulting from the accumulation of U.S. Commercial Lines insurance policies.
8. Cyber-attacks: Mounting Concerns: Here we review recent GC Capital Ideas stories on mounting concerns over cyber-attacks.
9. Risk Profile, Appetite, and Tolerance: Fundamental Concepts in Risk Management and Reinsurance Effectiveness: Prior to the recent turbulence in the financial markets, insurers and reinsurers were increasing their use of enterprise risk management (ERM) to make risk and capital management decisions. While this was driven in part by rating agencies and regulators, many carriers began to recognize the value of metric-based frameworks and capital models in evaluating their portfolios.
10. Cat Bond Update: Q1 2015 - Issuance Reaches Historic Volume: GC Securities’* briefing, “Catastrophe Bond Update: First Quarter 2015″ is now available.
*Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.