1. Chart: Overall Losses and Insured Losses 1980 To 2014: Chart shows the widening gap between economic loss and insured loss for the period 1980 to 2014.
2. Chart: Percentage of Insured Versus Uninsured Natural Catastrophes (2000 To 2015): Chart shows the global percentage of insured natural catastrophe loss versus uninsured natural catastrophe loss for the period 2000 to 2015.
3. Chart: Regional Property Catastrophe ROL Index, 1990 to 2016: The chart shows the indexes for United States, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific and Europe.
4. Chart: Evolution of Market Price, Capacity, Limit for Terror Pools: Chart shows the evolution of international reinsurance market price, capacity and limit for terror pools from 2009 to 2014.
5. Risk Profile, Appetite, and Tolerance: Fundamental Concepts in Risk Management and Reinsurance Effectiveness: Prior to the recent turbulence in the financial markets, insurers and reinsurers were increasing their use of enterprise risk management (ERM) to make risk and capital management decisions. While this was driven in part by rating agencies and regulators, many carriers began to recognize the value of metric-based frameworks and capital models in evaluating their portfolios.
6. Unmanned Aerial Systems/Drones: Growth projections for the drone or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) sector are nothing short of phenomenal, as the opportunities and advantages afforded by using this type of machinery in construction, agriculture, energy/utilities, mining, real estate, news media, film production and public safety become increasingly more apparent each passing day. Nevertheless, the potential economic benefits are considered to be vast, expecting to generate an estimated economic benefit of USD82 billion along with 100,000 jobs by 2025.
7. Bluecut And Clayton Wildfires, California: The Bluecut and Clayton fires have caused significant impacts to affected areas and pose an ongoing serious threat to life and property. No serious injuries or deaths have been reported, however, the fires have destroyed multiple structures.
8. U.S. Northern Gulf Floods: In the U.S. Northern Gulf States, a significant and historic flood event has affected areas of southern Louisiana and Mississippi. Flood impacts have been particularly severe in areas of Baton Rouge and Hammond, Louisiana. Media reports indicate at least six fatalities, several thousand water rescues and at least 2,700 homes affected.
9. Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2016: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2016.
10. China Risk Oriented Solvency System (C-ROSS): The China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) is instituting sweeping changes through its three-tiered China Risk Oriented Solvency System (C-ROSS) framework that will dramatically impact how (re)insurers conduct business. It will strengthen capital requirements, risk management and transparency disclosures - bringing China in line with, and in some cases overtaking, global standards. The C-ROSS framework is similar to Solvency II: three tiers focusing on quantitative, qualitative and disclosure requirements.