1. 2015 Rate on Line Index Highlights: Here we highlight recent GC Capital Ideas Chart Room entries highlighting Guy Carpenter’s Rate on Line (ROL) Index at the 2015 renewal.
2. Reinsurance Sector Capital Position: Here we highlight recent GC Capital Ideas Chart Room entries highlighting the capital position of the reinsurance sector.
3. Guy Carpenter Launches its Innovative Casualty Catastrophe Model: GC ForCas℠: Guy Carpenter announced the launch of GC ForCas℠, its new data-driven casualty catastrophe model.
4. Chart: P&C M&A Activity 2006 to 2015: Chart presents property/casualty (P&C) merger and acquisition (M&A) activity primarily for United States and Bermuda-based companies over the past 10 years. The chart illustrates the number of deals and deal volume over that period.
5. Reinsurers’ Capital Strategies: Here we review recent GC Capital Ideas stories focusing on (re)insurers’ capital strategies.
6. Centralization of Reinsurance Buying: It should come as no surprise that there is a general trend among larger cedents to centralize reinsurance buying decisions and retentions and to bundle homogeneous products. This has become possible with the improvement of available portfolio data. This practice has some obvious advantages for buyers, such as reduced spend, reduced administration, improved control over counter-party credit risks and, possibly, retention of additional profits that would otherwise be ceded to reinsurers.
7. January 1, 2015 Renewals See Lower Pricing and Broader Coverage for Clients: Guy Carpenter reports reinsurance pricing fell at the January 1, 2015 renewals in many segments, affecting almost all lines of business and geographies, continuing recent renewal trends.
8. GC Strategic Advisory Update: Reinsurers Ratings Challenged with Negative Sector Outlook: The major rating agencies covering the reinsurance sector (A.M. Best, S&P, Moody’s, Fitch) have all voiced concerns with the industry’s ability to adjust to the seemingly overwhelming headwinds currently facing the sector. With A.M. Best recently changing its outlook, the view of the reinsurance sector across the rating agencies is now unanimously negative.
9. Cyber-attacks: Mounting Concerns: Here we review recent GC Capital Ideas stories on mounting concerns over cyber-attacks.
10. Modeling Beyond Property CAT Risk: Here we review recent GC Capital Idea stories on catastrophe models that focus on exposures beyond catastrophe property risk.
Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.