Posts Tagged ‘ROL’
From one of GC Capital Ideas’ more popular categories, we highlight the top ten Chart Room stories viewed during the first quarter of 2015:
1. Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index 1990 to 2015: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line (ROL) index is presented for 1990 through 2015.
2. Chart: P&C M&A Activity 2006 to 2015: Chart presents property/casualty (P&C) merger and acquisition (M&A) activity primarily for United States and Bermuda-based companies over the past 10 years. The chart illustrates the number of deals and deal volume over that period.
3. Chart: Evolution of Dedicated Reinsurance Capital, 2013 to YE 2014: The evolution of dedicated sector capital is presented in this chart. Guy Carpenter estimates dedicated sector capital remained at near record levels having risen to approximately USD400 billion at year-end 2014 from traditional rated markets and all sources of alternative capital including sidecars, collateralized reinsurance vehicles and catastrophe bonds.
4. Chart: Regional Property Catastrophe ROL Index, 1990 to 2015: The chart shows the indexes for United States, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific and Europe.
5. Chart: European Property Catastrophe ROL Trends - 2007 to 2015: The chart presents the European Property Catastrophe Rate On Line (ROL) trends with correlating impact of catastrophe events for the period 2007 to January 1, 2015.
6. Chart: Alternative Capacity as a Percentage of Catastrophe Reinsurance Limit: The chart presents alternative capital capacity as a percentage of global property catastrophe reinsurance limit from 2008 to year-end 2014.
7. Chart: Top Ten Catastrophe Bond Transactions for 2014: The table lists the top ten catastrophe bond transactions that were completed in 2014.
8. Chart: Combined Ratio for Guy Carpenter Composite, Q3 2014: Chart presents combined ratio for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2004 through third quarter, 2014.
9. Chart: Significant Insured Losses - 2011 to YE 2014: Reports losses by quarter.
10. Chart: Return On Equity For Guy Carpenter Reinsurance Composite, Q3 2014: Chart presents return on equity for the Guy Carpenter Global Reinsurance Composite, 2004 through third quarter, 2014.
Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the United States through GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., a US registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/NFA/SIPC. Main Office: 1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036. Phone: (212) 345-5000. Securities or investments, as applicable, are offered in the European Union by GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. (MMCSEL), which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, main office 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. Reinsurance products are placed through qualified affiliates of Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC. MMC Securities Corp., MMC Securities (Europe) Ltd. and Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC are affiliates owned by Marsh & McLennan Companies. This communication is not intended as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security, financial instrument, reinsurance or insurance product. **GC Analytics is a registered mark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
As we approach the April 2015 reinsurance renewal, we look back at the Jan. 1 renewal.
Here we highlight recent GC Capital Ideas Chart Room entries highlighting Guy Carpenter’s Rate on Line (ROL) Index at the 2015 renewal.
The chart shows the indexes for United States, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific and Europe.
Guy Carpenter reports reinsurance pricing fell at the January 1, 2015 renewals in many segments, affecting almost all lines of business and geographies, continuing recent renewal trends.
Guy Carpenter today published a new report highlighting the continued increase in 2014 of total Asia Pacific catastrophe limit purchased. However, a confluence of factors, including the weakening of some key zone currencies has meant that reinsurance premium spend in the region has declined significantly.
With Guy Carpenter reporting that reinsurance pricing fell again at June 1, 2014, we review some of the rate change measures released by Guy Carpenter earlier this year:
Chart: Rate Movements by Business Segment: Reports rate movements at January 1, 2014.
Chart: Global Property Catastrophe ROL Index: The Guy Carpenter Global Property Catastrophe Rate on Line index is presented for 1990 through 2014. The index fell by 11 percent at January 1, 2014.